Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm: A Product Review // One Love Organics

Happy, happy Wednesday! It feels so good to be back to blogging again! I apologize for being MIA. I got sick with a horrid cold, then my son got sick, and then my husband! Phew! I was out of commission and just couldn't muster up the energy to write and get the beauty and creative juices flowing! Now all is well!

So here I am today with one of my favorite skin care brands, One Love Organics! Isn't that such a pretty name for a company?! Their products are just as beautiful from the inside and out! I'd been dying to try their Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm for quite some time now. I originally bought it to use as my facial oil cleanser, however this beauty gem has worked wonders for me (and my family) in so many versatile ways! Also the Skin Savior smells A-Mazing! All in all, I am in love with this balm and it is a must have for my beauty regimen now.




The Skin Savior Waterless Beauty Balm is exactly what it says it is: a Balm. So the texture and feel of the Skin Savior is thick yet so smooth. It took me a little while to get used to using it (just being honest) but I quickly got the hang of it and figured out how to use it to its fullest potential. I have to mention that a little goes a long way! I hope you try it and use my tried and proven tips below to add into your daily beauty regime.

1. Use it as a Facial Cleansing Oil: Dab a small amount on your finger tips and use a tiny bit of fresh water in conjunction (I found that a little water helped spread the product over my skin with out using too much product), and work the product into your skin. Keep cleansing your skin for about two minutes, spending time on any problem areas. The Skin Savior is like magic to dissolve makeup, dirt and other impurites. I even use it over my delicate eye area! (Just be gentle!) When you're done, wash with warm water and follow with a gel cleanser to thoroughly clean your skin and remove a bit of the left over residue of the balm. For more helpful tips on oil cleansing review this previous post!

2. Use it as a Moisturizer: Whether you have dry or oily skin, you can definitely use this as a moisturizer! In fact I highly reccomend it! This balm is rich in pressed oils and soothing and moisturizing agents. Like I mentioned in this post, I know putting oil on your skin sounds counter-intuitive, however anybody can benefit from adding oils to their face! It will tame oil production in oily skin types and it will aid in moisturization for dry and sensitive skin types. I personally apply my daily moisturizer over my face, neck and decollate, then I dab my fingers with a tiny smidget of Skin Savior and apply a light coat over my face and eye area. I wait for a couple minutes for the product to absorb a bit onto my skin and then I proceed with applying my foundation. Trust me ladies, when I say your makeup will glide on soooo smoothly and will last much longer than using plain ol' moisturizer or another primer. One Love Organics even has a video tutorial on how to use with makeup!

3. Use it as a Lip Balm: You cannot go wrong with giving your pout some OLO love! Your lips will feel velvety smooth and hydrated! Its a great treatment before applying lip liner. At night time I have also been using the Skin Savior on the skin around my lips to prevent fine lines! 

3. Use it as a Eye Treatment: I started experimenting using Skin Savior over my delicate eye area as an "eye cream" for night. I looooooove it! My eye area looks so much more refreshed and I love having one product that can do it all! I also have been using the balm on my eyelashes. Take a tiny dab with one finger and with an upward sweeping motion apply the balm in light, feathery strokes, just be sure not to get any into your eye! I've been doing this during the day when I don't have time for mascara and I always apply at night before bed. The essential fatty oils and other ingredients will help lashes get stronger, healthier and grow out better and even longer! 

4. Use it to heal cuts and scrapes: Not to get too gory or anything, but I accidentally cut my finger with a knife one day. I used the Skin Savior to heal and protect my wound! 

5. Use it to heal chapped/raw/red skin: My son had a terrible cold, and his nose just wouldn't stop running. The skin between his nose and lips started to look irritated from all the wiping etc. So I applied a little bit of the Skin Savior to help protect his skin from further irritation! 

The different uses that I have tried and listed above are some of the many ways this amazing product can be used. I'm sure the Skin Savior would be an excellent deep conditioning hair treatment and work wonders on rough cuticles or feet. The possibilities are endless! 

Have you tried this or any other One Love Organics products!? I'd love to hear how you use them in your beauty regimen!